Here were some of the responses I got (names shortened for privacy):
- Evin C.: Mine is trying to eat her toes and nurse...
- Sara Jo P.: My 18-month-old was just nursing with his finger up his nose;-)
- Amanda B.: My 5-month-old does the same thing! He's also tried to shove his whole fist in his mouth and talk while feeding. lol
- Jamie P.: Tell my daughter she can't put round toys around the nipple then suck through them.
- Tenielle R.: My daughter's done the exact same thing since she was a newborn (she's 6 months now) - her latest trick is trying to fit in a rusk, her thumb/fist, and my nipple all at once... Yeah, doesn't work, sweetheart.
- Olivia S.: Lydia has a pacimal she does that with. You can see her judge before she puts it down, lol.
- Rachel H.: My son successfully latched through my t shirt, ouch!
- Eve S.: Or suck your thumb, nurse, and sing Twinkle Little Star while kicking your Mom in the head. Nursing a 2-y-o is so amusing!
Now I'm feeling lucky Alrik hasn't learned quite so many tricks yet!
What nursing acrobatics have you been put through? Anything to top Rachel H.'s story?
P.S. I'd love for you to join the fun and conversations on Facebook or Twitter! There is much such nonsense going around.