To switch things up a bit this month, the Simply Living Blog Carnival cohosted by Mandy at Living Peacefully with Children, Laura at Authentic Parenting, and Joella at Fine and Fair is running a blog hop! Link up all of your old, or new, posts about money. This may be a post in which you talk about how you keep purchases in check to live a more simple life in tune with your goals, about your budgeting skills, how you talk about money with your children, or more. If it deals with money and finances, we want to hear about it. Simply add your link to the handy linky tool below before October 15, 2013.
I've added in a few of my favorite posts about finances and how we make things work, money-wise.
Here's a selection of what I've written about money if you're interested in a particular topic:
- What working from home looks like
- Working from home: Part 1 — the history of how we came to work from home
- Working from home: Part 2 — how we came to choose the businesses we did as a work-at-home family
- Parenting while owning a home business — pros and cons so far as we coparent and run a family business
- Writing as a parent — on finding balance as a mother who's also a writer
- Health insurance and pregnancy: What's a self-employed mama to do? — did I mention I'm really glad Health Care Reform is about to kick in to cover ALL pregnant women?
- The wage gap hurts mothers & babies — women and their wages support their families, and the mothers I know could really put that extra $10,622 per year to good use.
- Changing habits: Adapting your time & budgeting for whole foods — in our transition to whole foods, we had to compromise on cost and convenience the most
- Food budgeting & money-saving tips for the #6IngredientChallenge — my ideas for buying whole foods
- Low-spend month: The start of a cheapskate adventure — what happens when you forgo spending
- Low-spend month: Halfway update — how things went
- Frugal, green cleaning tips — my favorite ways to save money, simplify my housekeeping, and be kind to the planet — all at the same time
- On grace and freebies — sometimes you get what you don't deserve
- Making an allowance — on our decision to give Mikko weekly spending money
- New lessons from an allowance — an update on our allowance experiment
And some blogging-specific money posts:
- Blogging and taxes — what to deduct, what to declare, and what records to keep
- Why monetizing a mom blog is ok — what to tell the critics (even the ones in your head)
- How I make money blogging — we're all curious, right?
- 9 tips for affiliate earning success — the best ways to make money with affiliate links
Now go link up your posts!
We want you to see your creativity and expression. To that end, you are welcome to add posts at your discretion with a few guidelines in mind. Please be respectful in your posts. Avoid excessive profanity and poor grammar or spelling. As the co-hosts of the carnival are all advocates of peaceful living and gentle parenting, we ask that you not post about non-gentle practices or violence toward others.
Blog hops are a great way to generate blog traffic and build a supportive community. Your blog will receive links from many other blogs and you and your readers will have the opportunity to discover other blogs with similar goals in mind. Please join us as we embrace Simply Living through Simple Living! We hope you will consider joining us every month as we discuss ways we simplify our lives.
Want to help host this blog bop on your own blog? Grab the code and share everyone's posts with your readers!