I'm so pleased today to share with you some of the best posts from their own parenting blogs. (If you're not yet familiar with them, this is a wonderful group of blogs to subscribe to.) Enjoy!
- Joella at Fine and Fair discusses her unique perspective of a controversial toy in An Unusual Gripe with Bebe Gloton.
- Amy at Innate Wholeness offers simple tips to be present with family whether you're having fun and want to soak it up like a sponge or would rather run and hide in a cave.
- Charise at I Thought I Knew Mama shares sound bites from her miscarriage journey of forgiveness and gratitude.
- Shannon from Pineapples and Artichokes writes about how she is trying to raise her daughter to be accepting of everyone.
- Jennifer at Hybrid Rasta Mama discusses the overuse of the word "no" and offers some aid in finding creative ways to avoid "no."
- Melissa from The New Mommy Files: Memories, Milestones and Missteps makes a compelling case for instinctual mothering.
- Amanda at Let's Take the Metro shares a comprehensive list of all the food she keeps on hand.
- Momma Jorje shares some good news and important information about Lindane and Lice.
- Suchada at Mama Eve writes a heartfelt letter chronicling her journey with a difficult transition in Sleep, Crying, and Balancing Closeness with Boundaries.
- Shannon of The ArtsyMama shares her top ten list of things she wishes she had known more about before the birth of her son, Little Man.
- Kristin at Intrepid Murmurings has some helpful insights, tips, and tricks to share for babywearing with twins.
- Julia at A Little Bit of All of It tells the story of how motherhood came to her and how a miscarriage shaped her feelings and perceptions surrounding the birth of her first daughter.
- Emily from Embrita Blogging shares a collection of photos depicting things that make her happy.
- Lauren at Hobo Mama openly discusses an often-sensitive topic: Postpartum sex vs. sex before kids.
- As part of an ongoing series about balance, Amy at Anktangle writes about a daily ritual she has adopted to help her maintain balance in her life.
- Cynthia at The Hippie Housewife is reminded that while the days may sometimes be long, the years are short, and after a rough day the best thing to do is give thanks for the best parts and try again tomorrow.
- Dionna at Code Name: Mama offers 7 Alternatives to Good Job: "Good job'ing" kids can be a mindless habit to fall into. Instead of using a generic "good job," try one of these ideas to really connect with and nurture your child.
- Darcel at The Mahogany Way has the ultimate boredom busting activity for children of all ages.
- Alicia at Lactation Narration discusses the long journey of child-led weaning, during which she thought several times that her child was weaned before she really was.
- Mandy at Living Peacefully With Children: Letting go of the illusion of control opens up a an entirely new world.
- Luschka at Diary of a First Child talks about the battle between breastfeeding and formula feeding mothers and the industry that stokes the flames of a war on mothers.
- Mary Michael at The Accidental Natural Mama recounts her journey to Mama-hood.
- Sheryl at Little Snowflakes talks about the benefits of nursing a child to sleep.
- Rachael at The Variegated Life meditates on the moment when she first saw herself fully embodying her life as a mother.
If you would like to get involved with the NPN community as a reader, here are some links to help you out:
our most recent call for writers and volunteers. Then you'll be part of the fabulous and supportive community that wrote the above posts!