Just barely (if I cheat).
- "How to get kids outdoors" from Little Green Blog: Fabulous belated addition to the June Carnival of Natural Parenting.
- "Sex Ed Is Every Day" from Raising My Boychick: You don't need to wait till the time is write to give them a special pamphlet; start now with being honest about sexuality, bodies, and boundaries with your children.
- "Hold My Hand" from Rachel's Ramblings: I feel like I'm there.
- "Kelly's Kiddie Kitchen" from Better After: Why oh why can't I be this amazingly handy? See the full process here at Kelly and Her Kalon Kids, and another fantabulous repurposed play kitchen at Sutton Grace —>
- "I’ve Looked At Boobs From Both Sides Now" from Her Bad Mother: On the feminist nuances of criticizing Kim Kardashian for suggesting a breastfeeding mother cover up and the dual joys of breasts. "Why can we not have our sexy cakes and our nurturing-mama cakes and eat them, too?"
- From Babyslime: Beautiful birth story, beautiful photos. There's only happy within.
- "Blast from the past: A letter in defense of public breastfeeding" from Raising My Boychick: Written a year and a half before the Boychick was born. Proof that Arwyn was an articulate and thoughtful writer well before becoming a parent.
- "It's time to pick up everything and put it away..." from Intrepid Murmurings: Tips for cleaning up with little kids. (Now if my little kid could just persuade me to clean up…)
- "Midwives in Afghanistan" from Nancy Rust: Birth Doula Blog: I love this respectful video of midwifery care in Afghanistan.
- "A Day in Pictures, and a Call to Photographic Action" from Raising My Boychick: Take pictures and listen to people tell you the truth: You're beautiful. The last line of this post has the ability to make me tear up. Every time I read it. [Side note: Is that THREE from Arwyn? Oops. Someone has a bloggy crush.1]2
- "Green Bloggers React to Kleenex Hand Towels: This Isn't Really a Public Health Issue" from greenlagirl on BlogHer: I'm so mad about this stupid new product of paper hand towels for home! (If you click that link to see what they are, be prepared to Ugh. Please don't buy them through my affiliate link, even though it will give me money. Please. But do feel free to buy something reusable and lovely. For the children.) So glad there are bloggers out there who will sling the snark for me.
- And if you like lists of links, you'll really love "Grab an elephant ear — it's carnival time!" from yours truly, wherein I've rounded up a bunch of current blog carnivals for you to enter and/or enjoy.
Speaking of which, I'm so glad I've gotten some feedback that you like these here posts; that means I'll keep putting them together at the last minute…
You can find more shared items during the week at my public Google Reader recommendations feed.
P.S. I swear I just looked at the list of BlogHer recommended posts under the ad there in the sidebar and saw mine on "Remember how young your children are (and you, too)" and honestly thought: Oh, that sounds like something I'd like to read. Up too late blogging much? At least I'm my target audience.
1 Granted, it might have more to do with my habit of reading chunks of one blog at a time rather than going through my Reader chronologically, but we can call it a crush.↩
2 You know who first introduced me to the deliciousness of footnotes in blogs, don't you? Arwyn.↩